Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Felt Covered Box

Monday, September 4, 2023

Felt Covered Box

This is another felt project I made. This design comes from The Wooly Thread Co. on Etsy (of course). It started out as a plain wood shaker box that I've had for many years. I used to do a lot of decorative painting and this was a box destined for some design that I don't even remember. But in 2003, I found doll making and decorative painting was delegated to the archives, other than using that skill for doll making purposes.

Here are the pictures of how the box started off to how it looks now. I am using it on my worktable for all my sewing bits and pieces that normally scatter all over the table and get knocked onto the floor. Now they have a central location, making life so much easier. ;o)

First the plain pine box, then the inside which is covered with felt and a rocco trim. The outside rim is covered with a really pretty cotton, very bold print and finally, the top. The circles are recycled sweater wool scraps stitched in place with a button to embellish. The sheep is made with wool felt. The lid is trimmed with soutach around the edge.







No comments:

Post a Comment