Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Table Mats

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Table Mats

 I can’t believe my last post was in January. Okay, yes I do believe it. I have been creating things, but pretty slack on getting them posted.

I’ve been focused on updating my sewing space, badly in need of new things. If I can sew, I don’t want to be spending money on buying. There are some really good online sources of fabric that I’ve found. I also bought myself a new machine (my first computerized one). It’s not full of bells and whistles, but it has all the features I would use. I’ve updated all my sewing supplies and organizing my space. Almost done with that, and in between figuring out what goes where, I’m sewing simple things.

I also spent a long time doing a big purge of all things crafty. Somewhere out there, people who like to make things feel like they’ve died and gone to heaven with all the things I moved along for them. I hope they enjoy everything and that they make their own magic.

Before I got into doing all of that, I was busy starting off the year with felted table mats. Love making them, they always look so nice and great conversation starters…

This first set is from a design by Twisted Knickers on Etsy. She calls it Poinsettia but if you know me, you know I really like Jester themed projects. Of course I had to change the colours, the main mat was the pattern itself, I modified it to make two smaller ones to lay on either side of the main one.

 




This next one is from The Pattern Hutch. I love Pansies and their little sisters, Viola’s. A lot of little pieces to put together, but the finished piece is worth it to me. 


The last of my table mats for now, came from Penny Lane Primitives. She has stacks of patterns for all seasons and holidays. You will enjoy searching what she has. All three of these sellers are on Etsy. If you enjoy hand sewing, these are the perfect thing and very rewarding when you’re done. ;o)







No comments:

Post a Comment