Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Alice and more - 2021

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Alice and more - 2021

Now catching up with 2021 projects. This is Alice, she is from a class with Leslie O’Leary last year. I took the class because she was teaching some techniques that i haven’t done before, and I’m all about techniques, to keep doll making interesting… 

Her eyes are big and bold… She needed something to hold, so I made this little white rabbit for her. I have a box of doll sneakers and seemed appropriate to give her a pair for all the places she goes in that rabbit hole.

LAlice01LAlice06LAlice08LAlice07

Next we have Claire’s fairies for Christmas last year. She doesn’t ask for certain colours or themes, she just let’s me make whatever I think she would like to send to her family.

DSC04942DSC04941

This is from a pattern by Michelle Munzone. This is the Royal Nutcracker. I’m embarrassed to say how long I’ve had the pattern. I pull it out with the intention of making it, Christmas passes and it goes away again… but last Christmas I was determined to make it.

Most of it is self explanatory except the front and shoulders. I used an embroidered lace and stitched that in place and added the rest of the trims around it.11royal02royal03royal05royal01royal

No comments:

Post a Comment