Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Week 5-Polymer Clay Challenge

Monday, January 28, 2019

Week 5-Polymer Clay Challenge

Fingers crossed that this post goes through without a glitch. I’ve installed a patch, and I hope this does the trick. My apologies to my newsletter readers if there is still a problem, but hopefully not. On to my next challenge piece.

For this last week of January and the #2019PCChallenge, I made a pair of Ostrich feet. The reference I was making last post was to the dinosaur era. The feet of those creatures was apparently no different than all the feet I’ve been showing, although these ones are much smaller. The details seem to be the same. Of course I can’t show the real thing, but an image from a museum will help.  What do you think???

dinosaursfoot

You can compare the museum picture to these images of Ostrich feet. Not much different are they. This is why I like to do challenges, you can learn so many interesting things along the way.

Image of an Ostrich foot on the ground. Wild Animals.ostrichfeet01

And here is my interpretation, and yes not quite the same, but you only fail when you don’t try things. Everything I do is a learning curve for me and I love it. So that’s it for today and for feet. Next week I’m starting a series of bird heads for the month of February.

Week05ostrichfeet

1 comment: