Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Owl Pincushion - 2022

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Owl Pincushion - 2022

I made this pincushion at the beginning of the year. It was time to refresh my older one and this was perfect. I love the retro colours and patterns of fabric I used. Turquoise and Red is a great combination.

So here she is. She’s quite large, approx. 9” tall. She also has a nice belly that allows me to add a lot of needles on both sides, one side for beading, the other a mix of regular sewing and embroidery. I fastened her to a small wooden block to keep her stable. I used cotton fabric mainly and felt for the facial details.

The top of her head I’m using for long pins such as hat pins and others. This is a Heather Bailey design.

1 comment:

  1. He looks so important. Such a cutie Shashi

    ReplyDelete