Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Project– #1 fairies and books

Monday, June 24, 2019

New Project– #1 fairies and books

I’m starting a new project. I don’t know how long it’s going to take, but I do have a time limit and there is one more project after this one.

This first one involves many parts and I’ll continue to post the different parts as I go along. I’ve never tried this before, another learning curve and challenge I’ve given myself. Trial and error are the best teachers there are.

These little books measure at the tallest, 2 1/2”. They are different types of leather covers, the green is a heavier leather, the middle book is a faux leather, the brown is a soft leather. The inside pages are images to go with the story I’m creating.

sidneybooks

These little cuties are pretty tiny, at least by my estimation. The fairy in purple is wearing a soft leather tunic and wrapped with bits of purple and white lace around her body and arms. A tie of yarn around her waist. Her hair is a faux fiber. Her shoes are three colours of polymer clay and molded onto her legs. She stands 5” tall.

sidneyfairiees1

The little fairy in green is wrapped in ecru lace pieces. Her tunic is made from handmade paper and tied with yarn. Her hair is yarn tied in knots, and her little shoes are made of three colours of polymer clay molded onto her legs. She sits 3” tall.

sidneyfairies2

Much more to come over the next little while, so come back and see what’s new.

sidneyfairies3

No comments:

Post a Comment