Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Mad Hatter…..and done !!!

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Mad Hatter…..and done !!!

The last doll is done. I truly hope after all this work, that the show is successful. Just doing this as a one off. It’s not that I don’t enjoy the process or that my enthusiasm is in any way less than I began with. It’s just a LOT of work. Maybe it’s also because I’ve never done this before so it seems huge… In any case, am leaving in a couple of hours to meet with the others to set up the display.

This is the last doll for the show. I’m sure the Hatter doesn’t appreciate being last, but it is what it is. My version of Suzette Rugolo’s is a younger version. Suzette’s has the older face and a bit of a beard with a softer colour hair. I stayed with the full on orange hair, with touches of yellow. ;o)

Details, details.

My Hatter has his top hat embellished with gears etc. and his costuming is as the pattern, all except for his shoes. I have a good collection of high top sneakers that are actually lefts and rights (instead of the key rings that only go one direction), and I couldn’t pass up on giving him a pair of these.

I also used this whicker chair for him, because #1 I didn’t have time to make the one in the pattern, and #2 he actually looks good in this one. I had to make a big cushion for him to sit on, and it all worked out.

thehatter01smthehatter02smthehatter03sm

I have a collection of mini teas sets and this tea pot worked out just great for Hatter. It’s actually good quality china, and made sure it’s glued everywhere and pray that it stays put, I even glued the lid on. Fingers crossed.

thehatter06sm

Aren’t his shoes great. The original pattern includes directions for spats, but because my Hatter is younger looking, the high tops seemed to be a good choice.

thehatter07sm

A little closer. And that’s it. I hope you like him. I probably won’t be posting anything until next week. I’ll take pictures at the show and post a few of those later on. Take care and enjoy..;o)

thehatter04smthehatter05sm

3 comments:

  1. He's wonderful. I like your version. Good luck with the show:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your show Romona. Your dolls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at him I have to smile. He's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete