Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Tutorials

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Tutorials

Magnetic Wrist Pincushion

A while ago I showed you what I did with a fat quarter and some coordinating fabric. One of those projects was the magnetic wrist pincushion. I decided to write my own tutorial for the way I made the pincushion. It comes together quickly and is very comfortable to wear. I didn’t include mention of embellishing it, but certainly you could add some kind of trims or beadwork to it to personalize it further.

Diva Cord Maker Tips and Tricks

The other tutorial is more of a tips and techniques kind of tutorial. I gave a demo using the Diva Cord Maker, at our doll club meeting last fall. Some of them brought their cord makers and others just watched, but I had made up a handout. I took pictures last night and built them into the handout and thought perhaps you might get some help from it if you have one of these tucked away in your workroom. They are so addictive once you get started. I now have the largest template they’ve made for the Diva Cord Maker but haven’t used it yet. When I do, I’ll show you pictures.

In the meantime, please click on the “Tutorials” link above to see these and the others I’ve done. I hope something interests you in any of them…

1 comment:

  1. Great looking tutorials Romona. You know what's funny, because I wear fabric cuffs with medical strength magnets in them all the time, they sometimes become a magnetic pin cushion by accident - pins, needle and even scissors stick to my wrist without my realising it. It's hilarious. Oh yeah, and sometimes even cutlery sticks but I'm usually aware of that one!

    ReplyDelete