Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A stitch closer

Monday, December 26, 2011

A stitch closer

I’m busy working away on the needlework UFO I showed you a few days ago. I did start working with the Cashel linen, but found that I didn’t like the feel of it and I don’t like how this particular linen has such an uneven weave. I changed to Lugana and am enjoying it much more.

The Lugana is a combination of cotton/linen, and is a more even weave making it easier to stitch on. I’ve finished one band and have started the second one, so here’s hoping I can at least get that one done by the end of the week so I can put the whole project together and check off the first UFO for the New Year.

This is where I’m at…. First a little close up, then the full size. The finished band is approx. 12” long by about 1 1/2” wide. (the stitched area). The threads are #12 DMC cotton, and Kreinik #4 fine braid as well as small white bugle beads and gold petite seed beads.

angelarmwebclose

angelarmweb

No comments:

Post a Comment