Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Nerissa (Sea Nymph)

Friday, May 8, 2020

Nerissa (Sea Nymph)

Long time between posts…. wow… Last month I made this mermaid. She is from an Arley Berryhill pattern by the name of Minerva. I made her larger, about 6” or so. She measures 24” tall.

nerissa01nerissa02

For her body I made a muslin base for the bottom, then covered that with upholstery fabric .She also has upholstery fabric for the bodice and randomly on her arms.

nerissa03nerissa04nerissa05nerissa09

I think the colours are quite earthy. I used purple and green organza for her tail and fins as well to resemble sea weed. There are spots where I have attached mussel shell beads to resemble scales. It looks great (at least I think so ;o)  and,  I added a minimum of seed beads.

nerissa06nerissa07nerissa12nerissa13

The upper body is made from a flesh toned batik fabric. To finish, I have this textured fiber that looks like a fish net. It is made of string and somehow coated in a pulpy paper mix. I don’t know the process but it certainly worked for this project.

I have Nerissa listed on Etsy if you are interested in her. Click Here  Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I really love her Romona :) She's gorgeous and the detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete