Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Michaela–Week 11 P C Challenge

Monday, March 11, 2019

Michaela–Week 11 P C Challenge

I wasn’t actually going to include this in the weekly #2019PCChallenge, but why not. It’s a clay sculpt and it was challenging myself, so that’s my reasoning. ;o)

Michaela is a bust doll from a class I bought on Adele’s site. The designer is Maria Saracino and while it’s nothing like any of her samples, I feel good to be able to say it’s an original due to the sculpting itself.

michaela03michaela01

Starting at the bottom, the pedestal base is made up of small wood pieces glued together, then I secured that to a bigger base to balance the whole piece. The paint I used is called a 100% Acrylic Polymer Emulsion in Bronze colour. I found it locally, but it’s online HERE

Around areas where things join together, I glued on some beaded trim for added strength and the screws at the bottom are covered with same said beads.

michaela08

The costume is all made of hand made paper. Not made by me, wish I could take credit for that. But I used two different colour combinations, black/gold and white/gold. The hat is my own idea but hats are so easy to do and so great for dolls. The trims on the hat are both crystal and plastic.

michaela07

Her hair is from mohair locks. The back is tucked into the back of the hat with a few strands in front for effect. Then the hat is pinned and glued in place. I covered her hand with a piece of black Venice lace. The sleeve is gathered at both sends. The look is finished with a big neck ruffle, while the rest falls across her shoulders and held down here and there with touches of glue. At bottom of the bust, the bust is inserted into the pedestal, and there is more of the beaded trim to secure that area.

michaela02michaela04michaela05michaela06

No comments:

Post a Comment