Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Humpty Dumpty Pincushion

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Humpty Dumpty Pincushion

I intended to make this later, but I was going to my monthly get together with a group of crafters. This ended up being what I worked on. It was easier and just so darn cute. It’s a design by Paula McGee. It measures just about 5 1/2” tall, even shorter if you don’t put him on a base like I did.

Sometimes when I get things in the mail that are bigger, they use interesting things to use as packing. In one case there were some wooden wheel looking pieces. They are about 2” across and about 1 1/4” tall. That’s what I’ve used for the base. I used batting and the black/white check fabric and I think it made for a great contrast for Humpty Dumpty’s prints and colours.

The rest of the doll is made with felt, cotton and organza ribbons. A bit of trim of buttons on the hat with heart shaped pins, and a bit of trim around the lower legs.

So a quick post today, enjoy ;o))

humdum01humdum02humdum03humdum04

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I see that you have been redecorating your blog too. I like the new look:)

    ReplyDelete