Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A New Year is Just About Here

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A New Year is Just About Here

Have you thought about what the year ahead might mean to you? Have you wondered if everything you did this year was meaningful and you’re ready for another year of the same? Or perhaps you’re like me, looking forward to a change of pace.

My 2016 looks like this. I won’t be selling at the tea shop anymore, Janet just wants to sell her tea and tea related products again. You would think that would be kind of a sad thing, but surprizingly I’m just great with it. And why?? Because of this:

* I will have my time to myself to catch a breath that I haven’t done in a very long time. I found this quote, love this.

* I was sounding like a parrot asking my very patient hubby to please give me a little more time to finish, this that or the other for the shop. That was even getting on my nerves to hear myself say that. Time to get back to the most important things in life, your partner.

keepcalmalmostdone

* When I looked around at how much my workroom was being organized by me to always be in working mode for the shop, the penny dropped. This had to stop and that it has. As in all things that take you by surprize, (or do they really?), most things are actually a blessing in disguise. We just have to see that and realize it’s a good thing.

* This new year will bring with it, some great changes that I have wanted in a long time. I’ve neglected so many things that I want to do and that is nobody’s fault but my own. I’m only going to do commission dolls, no more venues. I’m going to catch up on some personal sewing that I haven’t been able to get to for so long and other projects that I keep saying, “I’m going to do that right after I finish this or that”. It never happens. With all my free time now, it will.

* The main thing I am going to focus on is clay sculpting. I have been trying to get to that and like everything else, it’s not happening. So I have stocked up on clay, have a bunch of sculpting classes I’ve been collecting for just this time and I’m going to get into that kind of work now. I will still do cloth dolls, but I really want to get into the clay.

Do you ever have that nagging feeling to do something and it just doens’t go away. My first clay project is one that I have been adding things to, to use in the project and I started putting all the ideas together 3 years ago. I will take a picture of what I’ve collected and how things look to start with. You’ll be able to watch me bring it all together… ;o) This should give you a good clue as to what the project is. Could I make it any easier for you…lol  Back soon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment