The last piece of my display for the museum did make it to the finish line. I’ve posted before about working on things and showing the starts, so I decided not to do that this time. unless and until it came to be. I planned on a sign to hang above my display. When I first chose my display case, I noticed two screws already in the wood, so I right away thought that must mean a sign should hang there. ;o) Sorry to pile a lot of pictures on you, but I hope you’ll enjoy them non the less. And I can’t believe I made 12 dolls between April 12th and June 30th…. ;o!
The last two Jesters for my display are on either side of my sign and here they are…. From Virginia Robertson’s design, 12” Jester. These were quick and easy to make, no armature of any kind and simple applications of trims. They were the perfect type of doll for the sign with their floppy legs to wrap around the sides. I found some sweet little glass drawer knobs, approx. 3/4” across to fasten the girls to.
The sign coming together. After the 6 holes were drilled, I marked the holes with pins. Then I covered the front and sides of the wood with warm and natural batting., cut away where the holes were, then applied the fabric and pulled it snug. Glued it to the back and then screwed in the glass knobs and coffee cup hooks.
Once that was done and the glue well dried, I applied wool felt to the back. Then came time to attach the girls to the sides. Their feet and hands are glued and stitched in place, one leg on the back. They are tipping sideways as though peeking across at each other, so cute.
Here is the finished sign with the girls attached and a close up of the lettering which is cut from wool felt…..
It was so much fun last night setting up. I only finished this an hour before we left to do the set up. After that, out for a nice relaxing dinner and unwind. I will have pictures in a day or two. i will also be at the exhibit starting this Saturday so will start taking pictures of the other exhibits. Stay tuned…