Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Jestine

Friday, May 8, 2015

Jestine

Jester number 3 is Jestine. This is from an online class with Cyndi Mahlstadt, called Jest Clowning Around.  Cyndi appears to be another designer who has given up designing and has disappeared into the ether. I’ve tried contacting her, but to no avail. What a shame, she is another wonderfully creative designer who will be missed. I was lucky enough to have had her stay with us for a week when she came to teach for the local doll club. Nice lady.

I love love love how Jestine turned out. She is 26” tall which is probably going to be the tallest of the Jesters I’m making for the museum exhibit.

jest01sm

A little closer look at her face. Doesn’t she just look like she’s about to have a ton of fun with her mischievous grin… ;o)

jest02sm

Jestine is made with cottons and tulle. Her trims include beads, ribbon roses, pearl beaded appliques and wired ribbons.

jest04smjest09sm

The original design did not include a base. I just had a light bulb moment and decided to go that route. I like how it came together, it just finished off the look of her and gives her a bit of an edge and very lady like I think.

jest08sm

I’ve used wired ribbons and ribbon roses to embellish the base. And that’s it.  I’ll show you another Jester next week.

jest07sm

2 comments: