Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Pixies

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pixies

Well, I gave myself a pat on the back the other day. I finished the Pixies I had planned for this past Christmas, but refused to let them linger as UFO’s. That’s exactly how clutter grows and I am refusing to let that happen. I knew a young lady once who never started anything new until what she was working on was done, I disliked and admired her at the same time… lol  What do you mean you have no UFO’s.. I vowed to be like her when I grew up. Perseverance reigns supreme, I got them done and packed away.

And here we are almost 2 weeks since we dismantled Christmas at the shop and someone came in looking for the Pixies… Sigh !!!! Perhaps she’ll get in touch. ;o~  Here they are, I had 12 to finish. These ones have white, ivory or black hair. If you remember the others had, brown, grey and plum hair….

pixies01smpixies2sm

In my clearing up at year end, I boxed up 90% of the Christmas baubles and put them together in the “go to the thrift store” boxes. Every year I make an extra ornaments or two for our tree. I am getting a wonderful collection and have decided to keep the baubles to a bare minimum. I have been finding that a lot of decorations are staying in the box and not being seen. I would rather have my own on the tree so I can appreciate the work in them and the fun I had making them.

These two pixies below are staying here and going on the tree next Christmas to join the other decorations. Fun fun fun…

pixies03sm

I have 10 of my Shabby Rose fairies sewn up and ready for stuffing, but am going to put them aside for a few days to give my hands a rest from all the tiny ornament making work.

Instead, I’ve put together this little wire armature to start on a clay sculpt. I keep saying I want to elevate my dolls by making some OOAK. Working with clay they will truly be my own and the plus side of it is, that the clay is easier on the hands.

I bought a lot of tutorials for clay sculpt dolls, and studied them over the past year, so now it’s time to quit procrastinating and get on with it.  This armature is for a  6” fairy, pretty tiny…

Will keep you posted…

step01sm

1 comment:

  1. Well the pixies are lovely and can't wait to see what you create with your armature!

    ReplyDelete