The first of my two commission dolls is ready. The other one is ready in body, the costuming will go faster for her as I worked out the details with this one.
This is Jelly Bean. As she started coming together, all I could think of was jelly beans, bright yellow, orange and pink ones. She is 12`tall. I did use a fair bit of artistic license to make her.
Angela has a technique for the chin that just was not working at all so I redrew the front face and did what I normally would do. I added eyelids as I just felt the eyes were a bit large and the eyelids helped reduce the size and I think it also made her look a little more elf like to match her ears.
As for her costume, the bodice is done differently, it just seemed like the pattern piece for that would have engulfed her little body, so I made an alteration to that. Instead of a hat, I just gave her a little head piece. I tied a piece of the fabric around her head, then just gathered another piece and that made a cute little bonnet. Her hair is needle felted in place with mohair that a local fibre artist, Tracy Black of FeltTrix ibers, dyed for me.
On her ears, she has little orange ceramic rose earrings. I added a little necklace, beads on her sleeves and cuffs, around her ankles, as well as her shoes and bodice are done with a picot stitch. The fabric for her bodice and shoes is what I did with the embellisher from the felt and fibres I showed in the last post. Now to get her sister dressed, poor thing is getting rather chilled standing there so exposed..