Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Love Birds

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Love Birds

Another one of those little projects that takes up your evening. I don’t know about you, but I just can’t sit and watch tv, I have to be doing something.

A couple of months ago I put together the bits to make these love birds, to take to my monthly crafting get together. Well they just didn’t get too far there, and have sat in their little baggies staring at me, waiting and wondering if I even notice them. I didn’t get to the last meeting, so I finished them at home.

So if you’re looking for a gift item for big and little kids, or like me, something small to go with a larger doll you’re making, Gingermelon has some really cute and quick to make projects. Shelly is one of our Canadian designers, just across the straits from me, on the BC mainland. Shelly also carries other things, like felt, tiny buttons, safety eyes and more. Her patterns are by email, which satisfies the instant gratification in all of us.

The love birds measure approx. 2” long and about 1 1/4” deep (depending on how much extra bird seed they’ve had). I think think they make cute ornaments, I can see them as a whole display as a mobile and hanging in a sheltered area but a spot where they would get a bit of a breeze.

lovebirdssm

3 comments:

  1. I can't do nothing in front of tv either.What a sweet little project.Gingermelon site has lots of very sweet projects.I am going to buy some of her felt.I haven't seen felt like that here.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Romona and love Gingermelon's projects, very sweet and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. They will make lovely ornament for any part of the house

    ReplyDelete