Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Easter Ornaments

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Easter Ornaments

My quest to better the number of ornaments I made last year, has begun. Unintentionally of course, but I thought it might be fun to make some for Easter. I have the set of Beatrix Potter ornaments from Cheswick Company, and so it begins. These are the first. I will be making two of each one, except for a couple that are sooooo cute, they just need to be made more often. I’m changing the colours on each of them, nobody wants to look like a clone of someone else after all.

Here is Jeremy Fisher, the first of eight designs.

jeremysm

Followed by Benjamin Bunny. Benjamin is holding a little blanket. As luck would have it, a friend who likes to send me fabric things that she finds when clearing out, sent a strip of cotton fabric which just happens to have the Beatrix Potter characters on it. At least bunnies and mice, which worked out great. I snipped a couple of pieces, finished off the edges and gave Benjamin his blanket.

benbunnysm

Not part of the set, but one of Cheswick designs, is this spring lamb. I have a stash of lovely bear making mohair, long and short pile, so it’s kind of dumb to leave it in a box and not be using it.

This is a gift for a friend. She opens her home once a month for a group of rug hookers and others to come and spend the afternoon. She used to raise sheep like this, but with a hairier face than this one. She’s a spinner, weaver and teacher of fibre arts. Here is Dianne’s link.

springlambsm

5 comments:

  1. Oh Romona, these are adorable.Love the sheep especially.I am just about to make a big frog- but not for Easter.I was sorting patterns, and saw the frog, and it asked to be made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute but I have to say the lamb is my favourite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little guys ...and I looove the sheepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ornies and the sheep is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute Romona! Love all these ornies you have been making!!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails