Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: 6 Years later–really???

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

6 Years later–really???

True confessions time. I am now, today, working on a class I started in 2006. How can that be????? Easy, live in my head for a while and find out. If something comes into my line of vision and distracts me, what I’m currently working on will surely go by the boards. How it could happen here is beyond me, I mean to take 6 years to get back to it.

Thank goodness I only have one other UFO from that time period, that I started and didn’t finish. I think my excuse for the second one is valid though. I was only into week 2 of making the doll, when I discovered that class I had just paid for, I think it was $50 US (and back then the dollar was not at par with our Canadian $ like it is now…well it’s almost at par), I could have just waited because the pattern was now available for purchase…HUH!!!! Wow, was I ticked off. I tossed the poor doll in the chest and said “later for you, sorry”. Lost total interest even though it is a cute doll.

Anyway, that was then and this is now. This is a class I was doing with Diane Honegger over on Doll Street. Originally it was called Barnhen Verandah. She was featured in the Summer 2005 issue of Art Doll Quarterly.

Since I am making two of them they are now going under their new names of Carmen and Constance. CDA has the 2nd quarter challenges posted and there is one to make farm animals. It’s a Show N Tell challenge so I’m showing where I’m at. Here are the girls, fabrics and feathers. More in a few days. The fabrics below are for Constance. Don’t you just love their bras.

carmenconstance

fabricwingsfeathers

No comments:

Post a Comment