Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Little Sparkles

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Little Sparkles

The other things I finished this morning, finally…..are these ornaments. I made these because people kept asking Janet if the one in her store was for sale and she had to keep telling them “No” that it was hers. I made the one for Janet about 3 years ago and she just leaves it up all year long.

Hopefully these little ladies will all go to new homes in time for Christmas. This is an adaption of Michelle Munzone’s  “Merry Maubles”. I won’t do these often because they are more work than the cloth body in Michelle’s pattern. The baubles are a bit bigger than a tennis ball.

I had to use fabri tac glue for the bottoms and hold them until the glue set enough to be able to turn the ornaments upside down and set them aside and go on to the next one. I had to be careful to not get glue on the bauble itself because it would take the finish off….and ask how I know that. I had to wrap them in either paper or those netted foam covers that are used on certain kinds of fruit in the grocery store. Those are great and I can see how useful they could be in other ways.

I really enjoyed making these and they look amazing on a tree, but I think I’ll stick to make the cloth bodies, so much easier.

DSC03036DSC03037DSC03039DSC03040

No comments:

Post a Comment