Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Lemons to Lemonade

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lemons to Lemonade

Sometimes as the saying goes, when you have lemons, you make lemonade and that’s what I did.

While hubby was away overseas I asked him to see if he could find some fabric to make place mats for a friend, so nice cotton with pictures of island themes. Unfortunately, it’s not as easy to find as it is here in North America. What he did get, was actually a happy accident. It definitely would not work for place mats for indoor use, but as our friend said, it would for an outside table or on a boat etc.

When I realized I wouldn’t be able to make the place mats I wanted I got my muse working to give me some suggestions. “Of course she said, how about this”………….. Brilliant, that’s what I’ll do. Off to the fabric store to get some strapping and back home and sew sew sew because we planned to visit our friend today.

This is what we gave her and put your sunglasses on for viewing. Bold bright and beautiful. For someone who uses an electric wheelchair and gets out to do much of her own shopping, this is perfect. She will be visible by cars and others,  and for people in wheelchairs anything that draws attention to them, is so much the better for their safety.  The straps are just the right length to have the clerk in the store hang the bags on the arms of the wheelchair. I love them. What fun.

So what do you think??????  Flashy new grocery bags. I think they are great and I have fabric left over to make my own and who knows, maybe a dolly will get a holiday wardrobe from this trip to Barbados…

barbadosgrocerybagsweb

No comments:

Post a Comment