Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Purple Green and Impish all over……

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Purple Green and Impish all over……

So I’m onto my next doll from the workshops with Colleen last month. This one is Finders Keepers. What a cutie pie she is. A bit of a naughty imp though and wouldn’t stop fidgeting while I was trying to work on her shoes, stockings and bloomers, but got those done finally. I loved this colour combination when I first spotted it, would never have thought about using it, but then again, I love bright colours, so why not.

02web

Her little shoes are so cute. I found this little piece of soft purple leather in my stash and it really is just the perfect fit for these shoes. The soles are made using a heavier leather and I also made some heels for her soles with two colours of leather.

I used opposite coloured buttons to her stockings first on the bottom layer, then I added a smaller button on top  to match the stockings, then to finish I stitched the buttons together with opposite coloured thread. Stitched them to the shoes added a drop of glue underneath for added measure.

03web

Things were going well, Her stockings, shoes and bloomers are done and she decided to watch reruns of Project Runway with me while I read over some notes…

01web

The little sneak that she is, when I turned away for a second, she spun around, grabbed my special scissors with her tail and tried to make a run for it….Not so fast my little Imp. I grabbed them just in time. Obviously I will have to keep a much closer eye on her from now on….

04web

No comments:

Post a Comment