Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Changing up a little

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Changing up a little

At our monthly doll club meeting last week, one of the members, Meeri, did a mini class making coffee filter albums. Because meetings are usually so fast paced, you can’t always get done what you’re imagining in your minds eye. We made up the start of two pages of an album so I am using those as prototypes for my actual album.

When I went to buy the filters, I couldn’t remember the size and ended up with the larger ones, which is actually a happy mistake. I think the larger pages will be easier to work with and allows more room to work. The ones I bought are Melitta size 6.

The process is so simple and a great way to make use of all those bits and pieces in your stash. I don’t know if you’re like me, but if I even see some shiny or interesting bit of something on the ground, like a bit that’s broken off a necklace or bracelet or what have you, I rescue it and pop it into my little wooded container knowing full well, a doll or now, a paper project will receive it.

I’ve just got the filters started. I’ve added some plain cardstock to them, and some patterned papers. Those go on both sides of the filters. The filters themselves will have inserts made of more cardstock,trims etc. I pulled out my stash of greeting cards that I buy just for the artistic value they are, again knowing that they will be used. Maybe it was just this project that I’ve been collecting for…

How you make yours is totally based on what you’re after. This is the start of mine. After the pictures, I’ve added a few links to sites that are either videos or sites for written instructions. I will post pictures of my finished album, but for now, just a few glimpses of what I’ve pulled out so far….

cf1web

cf2web

Just a note: I found these cute little packets of Kleenex in the picture below, at Safeway. The checkout lady thought it was a shame to use them for their expected use and I told her I was using them for paper art, we both had a giggle and sigh of relief over that…. so don’t discount those simple things that seem to only have one purpose. As luck would have it, they are the right colours for the papers I’m using, love those surprizes.

cf3web

A You Tube video: click here

A mini album using coffee cup sleeves.A great idea that could be used in so many way, like invitations and more: click here

A site with written instructions:  click here

Another site with written instructions: pretty pictures and album: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment