Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Round Robin Doll #1

Monday, April 4, 2011

Round Robin Doll #1

Just a quick post to show you what I did with my first round robin doll. I have no idea whose dolls they are, but I’m hoping as I work on each one, that they’re okay with what I add to their doll.

This is the first one and I decided to do her hair. Because the particular day I was working on her was a nice spring day, I went with spring blossoms theme.  Here she is and at the next meeting I will bring another one home. Definitely a challenge to know what to do with someone else’s doll.

I did a French braid (first attempt) and when I got to the bottom of the braid, I wrapped it with a piece of silk cord.

firstdoll1aweb

For the top of her head, I used some hand dyed silk and wool fibres. I twisted them together, tied it in knots, then folded it back on itself to make it a bit wider and twisted that again, then glued it along the front and tucked it under her hair. Then I added some tiny ribbon roses behind that.  I like how it turned out and hopefully the doll owner will to.

firstdoll1b

No comments:

Post a Comment