Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Squidgey

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Squidgey

What the heck is Squidgey, right…. Ahhh, well Squidgey is our new pet. Don’t ask me where the name came from, it just popped into my head and so it is. I think he’s been here longer than the two weeks we’ve known him as there have been tell tale signs. 

Last week I was feeding him peanuts and the neighbours cat came along. Well never let it be said that a cat doesn’t love a good hunt. Squidgey (don’t you just love that name), stands a mere 3 feet from Max and stares him down, as though he’s saying… Try it, just try it…  So Max did. Off they went for a run around the yard. Hilarious. There was no way Max was keeping up, no way. He came back looking dejected and defeated.

The next day, I was feeding Squidgey again and then had to leave and go to a friends for our doll making afternoon. Just half an hour after feeding  Squidgey, there it was, I was driving down the road, almost the end of the street and what do I see, flat on his back like he’s passed out from a night of too much libation. My heart sunk as I saw this furry little creature lying there. I stopped looked and watched to see if there was movement…None!

Off I went and for the whole weekend all I could think of was that I had lost another pet…. Yesterday, I was at a neighbours and the door bell rang. Whose standing outside, (no, not Squidgey), but my hubby. He said I got my Christmas wish and that our little pet was just fine. He was in the back yard snacking on peanuts that we put out for the Stellar’s Jays. Well talk about putting a bounce back in your step. How many hubbies would do something that sweet, I was so happy after that. Today I will pick out the biggest peanuts I can find and wait for Squidgey (the name is growing on you isn’t it) to arrive.

Maybe I’ll get to watch the tug of war between hubby and Squidge. Hubby held onto a peanut a little harder to see how strong and determined the little guy is…and he is…. Yes I know they are part of the rodent family, but in a much prettier form.

squidgey1

In this picture you can see that he let me ever so gently and carefully touch his little foot. He’s used to people, not at all shy. He runs down the length of the yard, comes and gets a peanut or two, runs to the neighbours or just around the corner, quickly digs a hole, hides his treasures and comes racing back for more… Just the funniest thing to see. He buried one of them just a couple of feet from where we were sitting, guess he was running out of steam going back and forth. Cute isn’t he….

squidgey2

No comments:

Post a Comment