Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Book

Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Book

I've just received the latest book by Tone Finnanger. What a treasure. If you're familiar with her other books, this one is every bit as good and better. It's twice the size and is 158 pages of absolute perfection. The illustrations, the photography, the theme is carried throughout the entire book. It covers everything from home decor projects, to the garden, the sea, and stuffed animals (oh so cute ones). Make a 3 layer soap cake and lavender filled angel wings, it's all there and more. There are doll projects of course in the way of her traditional angels but done in different themes. I love her Bathing Angels dressed in their mid 19th Century swim suits. Remember those from photographs, everything but the face and toes covered.. ;o~

Dsc06610 

Anyone who loves a book that is end to end projects, this is it. I've waited months for it to be released (thanks for the heads up Colleen) and what a delight. Can you tell I'm impressed. The sheer volume of projects will take you several trips through the book to take them all in.

A few years ago I did a painting swap with a group of online painting friends. I was lucky enough to receive this beautiful book stand created and designed by Jan Fox. It is not only painted, but the wall areas and the arbor are built up with texture paste to give that real feel to it as you stroll into the garden. My new book will reside there now, next to me at the computer and probably cause me to stop often to go through it yet again.

bookstand

No comments:

Post a Comment