Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Pink and Orange Make Peach

Friday, June 5, 2009

Pink and Orange Make Peach

Crazy subject line right.... Yeah I know. But it'll make sense when I show you what I mean. My poppies have been blooming for a couple of weeks now and of course, snap snap snap with the camera. This one is the first to bloom. These are  the usual size poppy which are about 4" across and are the most familiar of the poppies.... I will show larger ones in another post later on as I'm waiting for another one to bloom. They don't bloom on command, darn it anyway...

poppyorange

So that's the Orange part of the subject line. Now this is the Pink part... This is my favourite one...sorry Orange poppy, but it's true, I love my Pink one..You can click on the pictures to see them bigger and more beautiful.

poppypink

And now the Peach part. I planted the Orange and Pink poppies together and that's all I planted together a few years ago. Mother Nature in her infinite wisdom created a third colour combination for me. I went out yesterday morning and this greeted me. It's the offspring of these two. Please say hello to Peach...Isn't she pretty. Some serious cross pollinating has been going on in that raised bed.

poppypeach

To finish, I do tend to see the world in a comical way. I took this picture of a Pink poppy as it was halfway to showing it's beauty and the first thing that came to mind was, "all I need is my sharpie to draw a smile on there and my paper clay to make a nose, and maybe some white paint to make the sparkle dots for the eyes". The things that I think of scare me sometimes, or I'm sleep deprived from the mini heat wave we just had....;o)))

poppyhead

No comments:

Post a Comment