Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Bugs.....

Friday, May 29, 2009

Bugs.....

I love this time of year. I'm out all the time checking out the garden for bugs, bees and insects of all kinds. Tonight while hubby was running the reel mower across the lawn, I decided to inspect the dwarf birch tree and this is what I discovered. Can you see him!!!  Assuming it's a male that is.

He was watching me very closely, I guess he wasn't sure of my intentions. I just took my picture and let him be. He did creep behind the leaf as I was getting ready to walk away, perhaps for more protection. I didn't dare hurt him. I don't think it's necessary to harm our little critters, they all have a job. Of course if it's something that can cause me grievous hurt, well, all bets are off.

This little guy is a Stink Bug (that much I did know) but apparently when you do them in there is a nasty stink from them...so why would I expose myself to that. I'll just let him live on our tree and we'll live in the house.  If you're not familiar with them, this particular one is about 1/2" long and has some distinctive markings on his back. More info here.. scroll down to Stink Bugs in the left column. It's a good site and probably lists all the bugs you can think of.stinkbug

No comments:

Post a Comment