Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A Journal Project

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Journal Project

Since leaving work, and probably for some time before that I haven't been taking the best of care of myself. As a health care worker, you tend to want to look after everyone else around you and think of yourself last. Anyone who is in health care knows exactly what I'm talking about. Well, when I quit my job in June I didn't really notice for the first two weeks that I was kind of running out of steam. I was so glad to be away from work that I just kept going at the same pace as before but doing other things... Long story short, I need to focus on me now and get back on track. My Naturopath has put me on a program to realign myself and on the path to better health. With that comes keeping a journal to monitor my progress.

Now I don't mind writing a journal, but I think it would be a lot more interesting to make the journal a place I want to go to as well. I set about dressing one up to do just that. A few weeks ago I spotted this gorgeous piece of wrapping paper in a bookstore. It's the kind that's sold by the sheet, so had to have it, not knowing where it would get used. This is the journal I covered with it. Of course I had to have a bookmark to match didn't I. In my stash is a collection of nice glass crystals, and have used a few of those as well. It's so easy, you could make them for gifts. They only take an evening to put together and overnight for the glue to really dry well and it's done...
Unfortunately, the picture doesn't show the real charm of the paper as there is glitter in a few places which really makes this journal sparkle. There is glitter on her headress, the ends of her wrap and along the railings.When I get a little free time, I will put together a tutorial to show how I made this.


No comments:

Post a Comment