Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Starting Anew

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Starting Anew

Starting off the new year with a sorting and cleaning post would be a good thing to do. I have all my cotton and cotton/poly mix, and other threads in my sewing box and separated, but it's a pain. Everytime I need to change colours on the machine I have to open the lid for the type of thread it is, and then tip each spool to see where the right colour is. That's more than tedious. Last week I ordered these from a friend in Alberta. Spool holders.

Okay so they aren't new to many of you, but for me they are perfect. I have a large one on the wall for all my serger threads, but these are for my small spools. They measure only 13" wide X 14" tall give or take a 1/4". For someone with a small working area they are just the right size. In the pictures you can see that there are holes at the top to hang them, or he provides dowels if you prefer to stand them, you just push them into the holes he has drilled in the back. They hold 45 spools with their bobbins. Now for me, this is ideal. I can keep them all together where I need them, no more frustrating searching through the sewing box and I can see right away what colours and types of threads I'm running low on. Alf makes these and the workmanship is excellent and so are his prices, I think. They only took 3 days to arrive and today I will be organizing my threads on them. Please take a minute to see the other types he has ( just scroll down the left side of his site to find spool holders) and take a look at the other products he sells. Totally different than spool holders. Thanks Alf, these are super and I'm really impressed.... Folk Art Connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment