Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Veggie Time

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Veggie Time

I love it when I can start harvesting from our little garden. We don't have a huge garden, but I plant a little bit of a lot of things. While hubby was out working on the "honeydo" list, (you know...honey do this and honey do that) I went foraging. When we first bought our home, there was a terrible excuse for a shed in the backyard, talk about an eyesore. We promised our neighbour directly next to us, that we would get rid of it and replace it with a nice gazebo and garden...and that's what we did. When she saw the workman here that summer she came over and gave him fresh baked cinnamon buns and coffee. When we got home he praised our neighbours to the hilt...lol Since then a tradition was born and we started exchanging goodies. It used to be a phone call telling each other that there was a bag hanging on the fence at the back and off we'd go and see what we got. Our neighbour doesn't get around so easily now, and I don't risk her trying to make it around to back without a cane, so today I made up a basket of goodies and took them over. She was so pleased and I was happy to be able to do it. It was such a cold spring here I was worried we wouldn't even get much of a garden this year...but we have had some successes....Doesn't this look yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tradition, Ro, and those veggies look positively scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete