Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Ms. Downey

Friday, March 20, 2020

Ms. Downey

Presenting Ms. Downey. she is my own original design. She is my version of the Downey woodpecker native to this area. Usually the males of the species are the beautiful ones with all their bold colours. I decided it was time for the lady of the species to take that lead, at least in this case.

The females lack those wonderful bursts of red against the black and white. So with this in mind she is all kinds of red bursts of colour.

DSC03914

The fabric is a hounds tooth in a small print, perfect for my projects. There are red feathers tucked into the tail and her hat.

DSC03916

Her hat, oh my her hat. She is ready for the Easter parade of hats.

DSC03915

Her under belly is Minky, her beak and feet are clay and round her upper legs, I’ve trimmed with red felt and gold beads.

DSC03926

DSC03919

No comments:

Post a Comment