Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Project- chair I can’t use

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

New Project- chair I can’t use

I intended to use a chair covered with a felt blanket for my fairy to sit on with this project. But once I had the base put together, the proportions were completely off and even if I used it for other figures, it’s actually still too big for the size of this base.

This is the chair, well, rather a love seat. I used several colours of wool roving and felted it with my embellisher. I enjoyed the project even though I can’t use it this time, but it was a good exercise to get me back to using my machine. Having not used it for a while, I of course created holes that I didn’t actually want. ;o~  What I learned when that happened, you can fold felt on top of itself, run it through the embellisher and make those holes disappear and just go over and over the folds to make those disappear too.

After creating the piece of felt, I draped it over the love seat and with needle and thread, stitched it in place. Even though I can’t include this in my project, it’ll be there for another time. I’d like to increase the size of the base, but it’ll get heavier and heavier to lift by the time all the elements are added…

Another post to come soon with pictures of the fairy.

Here is the chair before the blanket. It measures about 6” wide, about 3” deep and tall.

sidneychair1sidneychair2sidneychair3

No comments:

Post a Comment