Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Harry and Hester Underbridge

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Harry and Hester Underbridge

And finally, here they are together. Presenting Harry and Hester Underbridge. Like that little play on words for the last name. These two definitely do not live under bridges. They want to be the mold breaker for all trolls and those in the future.

Harry just has a bit of hair at the back, and the toque he wears to keep his head warm, is knitted from a pattern I came up with. It’s just a very simple knitting pattern, you can find that on my “Little Doll Things” page of my blog, click the name of the pattern and you’ll be taken to a pdf to download. The pattern comes with a simple scarf as well. Easy peasy.

There is one thing I want to point out about the base. I used to work in home care and one day I was at the home of a very lovely couple and the husband liked to do woodworking. I told him I was a doll maker and with that, he gifted me with a piece of wood he had created, to use as a base or in some other way.

If you look further down in the pictures, you’ll be able to see the 3D effect. If you like artwork by M.C. Escher, you’ll understand the effect he has created with thin pieces of a balsa type wood, adhered to a thin piece of plywood and a light stain. The boxes appear to move when you angle the wood in different directions. It’s quite amazing.

So here they are together in their family portrait and a few extra pictures from all angles.

harryhester01harryhester02harryhester03harryhester04harryhester05harryhester06harryhester07harryhester08

No comments:

Post a Comment