Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Blue Suede Shoes

Monday, February 18, 2019

Blue Suede Shoes

Here is the Crow I created from the crow head I sculpted and posted last week. I made a little nod to Elvis. Just had a moment where I wanted to make some blue shoes, so first came the head, then came the shoes. Now I had to put something in between.

I was given this doll size guitar some time ago and finally found a way to use it. A couple of years ago someone was clearing out their stash, and from that person I was able to bet some wonderful soft leathers. I hate to use big pieces of it because that means I won’t have any left. Just not satisfied. Either we clear up our stash, or we want to keep things “just in case”. The dilemma of the creative mind. ;o)

So here we go…. I used clay for the shoes and a touch of blue leather for trim. The vest is made with the blue leather and lined with black/white checks and I carried that down to his faux trousers. I found the hat in a shop over on Salt Spring Island a couple of years ago and see, everything eventually gets used. 

The feathers I ordered from a nearby seller on Etsy, Mountain Feathers. He’s very fast getting them in the mail and his prices are fair. I hope you enjoy Blue Suede Shoes. He’s going to the Gallery February 27th, along with Treasure Hunter and my two cloth dolls. It’s a short show, hoping someone with love these guys…

bluesuede02bluesuede09bluesuede11bluesuede13bluesuede06bluesuede07bluesuede12bluesuede10

No comments:

Post a Comment