Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: The Artist

Monday, January 21, 2019

The Artist

My first doll of the year is “The Artist”. It’s a PC Bangles design, and you can find her on Etsy, RIGHT HERE !! Her version is called Rembrandt, a perfect name for an artist. ;o)

My version is a painter. I’ve given her a crate with a few canvases and tools of the trade. I decoupaged some doll images onto the crate she’s sitting on, in keeping with my doll theme. More details as I go along.

This first picture I could have left off, but I wanted you to see my great find in a gift shop just after Christmas. I can’t wait to make a head and shoulders doll and add the crown. I don’t want to make a full sized doll because I think it would have to be at least 24” tall to accommodate the opening at the base. It looks like the crown is supposed to sit on something, maybe it’s a tree topper, wouldn’t that be different, but perhaps something else???  Any ideas.

There is an idea for the doll percolating in my mind, a comical twist on a tragedy ;o)
There is no sweater pattern included, but I wanted one for her to keep her warm. The arms were originally made with flesh tone fabric, but I decided on the clothing fabric because, I added the sweater. Further down you will see that I pushed the sleeves up to the elbows.

Being an artist, the hair will naturally be wild and untamed. The necklace is made with a fiber pebble and beads. In my snooping around on Etsy, I found these wool pebbles on a Canadian site, called Divinity Fibers. RIGHT HERE !! There are probably US or other countries that will have them as well, but the shipping charges between here in Canada and the US have gone crazy, so I try to source Canadian sellers even more now.

I don’t know what else I will make with these wool pebbles, only time will tell.

Of course, her toes need to be in their best shape if she’s going to be wearing her sandals. On the wrists and ankles, I added cuffs, and finished them with tiny doll size blue buttons. Sorry no picture. Along with her painting tools, she has her painters’ palette and a tunic to keep the paint off her new sweater.

And that’s it. She’ll be part of my entries into the Small Expressions show at the gallery in March. Head to my website for details of where and when that is.  Enjoy…

2 comments:

  1. She's fabulous. What did you use for her hair? I love all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous doll Romona x Brilliant to see him : ) Great job x

    ReplyDelete