Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: A Mash Up to End the Year

Monday, December 10, 2018

A Mash Up to End the Year

I’ve been working on a number of things and am well behind in posting here. I’ve made ornaments for the gallery, a small commission and some things for my own holiday decor. A bit of a long post, but better that than complaints that I post too often..?? Oh well…

First up at these Winter Rose Fairies. They are an adaption of the Shabby Rose Fairies I usually make. I made little snow globes for them to hold, and nice warm hats and scarves for those winter winds.

fairymashup

Next are the 12 Days of Christmas. These designs are made using the patterns from Larissa over on MMMCrafts. CLICK HERE.  Larissa has used the traditional way of numbering the ornament (who knew there was a different version of numbering them), so if you decide to make them, be aware that you will have to change the numbering if you want the version that is more widely known.

12daymashup

Along with the 12 Days of Christmas, Larissa included 3 bonus designs. One with the Partridge, one with the Geese a Layin and the last with the Lords a Leapin. So there is an egg, a heart and a pear. These ones are on my tree. They are so easy to make and a great way to use up those felt scraps that build up in a basket if you’re like me and love working with felt. ;o)

bonusmashup

Another project I did for our Christmas decor. are these cute little Snowman coasters and Candle Mat. This is a design by Penny Lane Primitives. CLICK HERE. There are some really nice designs there suitable for many occasions. This set only took me a few days to do. I wasn’t at it non stop, but it’s very quick stitching you can do while watching tv.

SMALLsnowman

The next thing is a stocking. I had one for hubby and one for the cat (of course), and just finished this one for me this year.The inside is lined with a pretty cotton print covered in male and female cardinals. The pattern does not call for lining, but I’m a detail person and just had to line them. Cheswick Company has a wonderful collection of stocking patterns. You don’t even need to fill them (they are between 18” and 22” long), that would take a lot of stuffing. ;o) But Cathy has tons of ornaments, tree skirts, prim dolls and more for all seasons. CLICK HERE

SMALLjinglebell01SMALLjinglebell02

And the last picture is that of a small doll ornament. A couple bought one of my Tiny Dancers and after leaving the gallery, realized they should have bought something for the other granddaughter. So they contacted me and gave me some details of what they had in mind. This granddaughter loves basketball, has brown eyes and brown hair. So how to make this work. I had wanted to get a mini basketball for the doll to hold under her arm. Not enough notice or time for that, so I came up with a different idea.

I would have her sitting on a basketball. I found a soft foamy kind of ball at the $$ store and it worked out just great. I made some basketball shoes suitable for an 11 year old little girl and a little added bling. I also added a Santa Hat. When they came, they said I captured her just perfectly, so yay…good news. The End….

dollornamentmashup

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! Everything is fabulous. The fairies are so cute. I really love the 12 days of Christmas ornaments so I must go check that link. The Tiny Dancer ornament is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete