Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: New Year 2018 Refresh

Saturday, January 6, 2018

New Year 2018 Refresh

I’ve spent the better part of three days doing a refresh of my blog. I had to delete my website last fall because the ISP retired it’s free web space service. I had some really nice graphics from my website and I didn’t want them to go to waste, so I’m going over time, use them in some way on my blog.

The redesign is a bit of a hint to what a friend and I are going to do for a week in July. We have reserved a week at the local gallery and are planning what we hope will be a very successful show. Positive attitude always helps. ;o) If you click on the “EVENTS” tab just below my blog header, you’ll find things that I’m working toward as they get closer. I have four events this year, so far two are posted.

beautifullaugh (2)

There are three pages of free tutorials on my blog. They aren’t new, but the pages were needing to be fixed. I’m here to say, I really can’t stand the Blogger platform. I use Open Live Writer for writing my blog posts and it’s perfect. I’ve used it for years and in the past year or so, it became open source software. It always was free, but Microsoft was going to do away with it, but because so many people use it, a group of techs on their own time, took it over and revived it. Check it out if you can’t stand blogger’s platform either, CLICK HERE if you want to try it. It works on WordPress and others, all the info is on the site. Check it out.

The other complaint about blogger, is the feature of putting pages on your blog to do things like offer things for sale, or freebies or what have you. The complaint is that I am forced to use the blogger platform to set up pages and each and every time I try to do that, the pictures shift, or the text shifts, or they both move at the same time. Just when you think you have it all lined up and looking okay, you upload the changes, take a look and find that things have moved again. Or, there are spaces that shouldn’t be there, the text isn’t the size you made it…on and on. I gave up after fearing I would throw my keyboard at the screen.

Instead, I got proactive and instead made combined text and image boxes and uploaded those. So if you’ve ever tried to download some freebie and it didn’t work, it will now. I’ve checked every link and at this point in time, all is working well. Nobody tells me when the links are broken, so if you find that to be the case, just let me know so I can fix it. The three pages for tutorials are, Mixed Media Tutorials, Cross Stitch, and Little Doll Things.

There are also some things to buy on the pages, dolls, a class, and a couple of small tutorials. Maybe there’s something for you. Here are just a few nice quotes to give you a little feel good moment. I never give up trying new things and if you’re doubting yourself, don’t. The only person who matters and enjoys what you do more than anyone else, is you yourself. So press on and be happy in whatever you love doing.  I was once told by someone that I have this desire to be famous, but if they really knew me, they would know that’s a complete 180 from my actual desires. Silly people…lol

freeprison

setbackpeoplepromoteits-okay-to-be-happy-with-logo(pp_w1200_h1552)

DL3M5Z7W0AEn-Avrudeness

justsmile2

No comments:

Post a Comment