Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Irene Mary

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Irene Mary

In March, the local arts council is having a show called “Small Expressions”. I joined the council to see how I could expand the reach for my art dolls.  I think this will be a good fit.

The show in March is from the 4th to the 31st. We can enter 3 pieces, so am busy now working on those. They have to be a specific size, 12” x 12” x 12” or less, hence the name of the exhibit.

The first doll I’m making is Irene Mary, a new one by Jill Maas. Currently I have the body made and put together and her head. The house was cold this morning, so I wrapped her in some knit fabric that I haven’t decided whether I’ll use it or not, but I think it’s going to be used for a Santa sweater. That’s where I’m leaning at this point. I think the black polka dot minky will be what Irene Mary’s jacket will be made of.

I just like putting a pile of suggestions around my dolls and go from there. It’s never how you finish because things always change along the way, so my choices do look odd I know. Anyway, here are Irene Mary’s first steps.. All being well, I should have her done in the next couple of days. ;o)

irenemarysmall

1 comment:

  1. I bought the same pattern. She looked like a sweet little character.

    ReplyDelete