Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Patrick

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Patrick

It seems to me, that for me personally anyway…….. when it rains, it pours.

rainpouring

I thought I would take time off this year and just create a little at a time, take a rest from the crazy, overworked, insanity of last year. It’s not a complaint, it’s just a learning curve. Say no when you need to, don’t try to spare feelings at my own expense.

But as a creative person you don’t get to choose the option of taking time off, it’s all or nothing. It was quiet at the beginning of the year and grateful for that, but now it’s the Christmas kind of feeling that’s starting to insinuate itself into my creative life. ;o)  And I don’t mind that at all. Have already been having discussions about Christmas sales projects. Better some notice than last minute.

So having finished this commission art doll that I showed you the accessories for, it’s now all done and put together and I can move on to another order. A very quick and easy project compared to what I just just finished. Stay tuned. Here is Patrick.

My customer is happy, the recipient is happy and he is planning to put the doll in his office. I hope to get a picture from him when it’s there. It’s a character face, not a portrait. I decided that it was quite a lot of like him before the grey cells moved in and took over. ;o) We decided he’s a bit swarthy and perhaps a bit of Clark Gable. Just a little. ;o~

willie11sm

You’ve seen all the individual pieces except for the helmet and goggles. I checked with my customer to see if he preferred to have the goggles over the eyes or on his head and he chose the head. I think that was the right thing.

You know, I really love these challenge dolls. They force me to dig deep and think, first of all….how to combine themes. This one is a lawyer/pilot. And secondly, figuring out now to make things to go with the doll. It’s easier to just go and find things online, but there’s a certain sense of satisfaction that comes from making accessories for my dolls. It somehow makes it more authentic, just my humble opinion of course. I can’t make everything a doll might need, but certainly I can make a lot of things.

willie10sm

These goggles are a good example of learning. I just used pictures from Google as a reference and just played around, peeled glue off my fingers, played around some more. Cut more leather pieces, cut plastic circles, cut bigger plastic circles and finally they cam together.

willie14sm

He has his wig and briefcase. I wanted to curl the fingers more, but with my luck, I would have have been able to get the handle over the fingers after, but it still came together just fine. The boarding passes are tucked in his jacket pocket.

willie12sm

The scales of justice compliment the pilot wings and coat of arms.

willie13sm

And that’s all for today. I hope to have something else to show you soon. I am also working on a big big project for September, so stay tuned for that also….. Back soon.

willie15sm

No comments:

Post a Comment