Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Catching Up!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Catching Up!

Time just seems to pass by so quickly but it’s that time of year. The garden beckons, the spring cleaning bits, the falling behind in doll matters. It’s always the same, catch up just to fall behind again. It would be so boring if it always went like clockwork, but I would be organized wouldn’t I.

I’ve managed some personal sewing. I did the top and pants of the pattern I showed you, but the dress part of it, has so many moving parts, I had to set it aside for a while. It’s right here, but only just hanging on a table lamp wishing and hoping for me to notice it’s there. I did have it started, but the stabilizer I used was too heavy and when I looked at the pockets, they stuck out like a hot air balloon. I took that all apart and applied a really lightweight stabilizer, held it up but didn’t like how the pockets bagged.

So I stitched the pockets closed and will go back to that another time. As it turned out, I intended to wear them when my friend and I went over to Saltspring, but it was so bitterly cold and wet that morning, I reverted back to the basics. Ah well, another day.

I got these few things done. Not terrible exciting for you, but below these pictures, I added some doll inspirations, perhaps. So first, the top (which is so comfortable, as are the leggings below. And I made a pair of pj bottoms. I love to lounge around at night in those and t-shirts. Comfort is paramount.

DSC00035DSC00032DSC00038

This is the doll head I managed to get done, and you can see I really was channeling Dobby without meaning to. And below these pictures, a little more of my amazing doll findings.

kasparhead1smdobby2

I was out with a friend yesterday for lunch. She wanted to go back to the thrift store where I found those mini books last month. I wasn’t intending to buy, let alone find anything, but yes I did.

I always hope to find doll furniture and I found this perfect wicker chair. It stands 11” tall, the depth is 6” and width 5”. Absolutely perfect for a project I hope to have done for September and along with the other find yesterday, I am totally focused now on what I am planning. This chair is in absolute perfect shape, all it needs now is a cushion and arm pads. I’m going to leave it the natural colour. The second find is even more fun. See below.

chairsm

Aren’t these candlesticks brilliant. If I went looking for these I would never have found them.

I think some are made by a person who is very creative. As I was cleaning them with Brasso last night, I noticed that some creative soul has truly made some of these out of brass parts. They are all solid brass. 4 sets of 2. I am so excited with this find, just like those books.

The center set are 3” tall, the ones on the right are 2 3/4”, the ones on the left are 2 1/2” and the ones in front are 1 1/2” tall. What a treat. I guess it’s all about being in the right place at the right time without even trying.

Well, that’s all I have for you today. Take care and have a wonderful week…. ;o)

candlestickssm

No comments:

Post a Comment