Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Kaspar, the Bohemian Poet

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Kaspar, the Bohemian Poet

I hadn’t actually intended to do any doll making classes this year, just wanted to take a break and recharge. However, there are two doll offerings on Adele’s site, that I just love. This is the one I’m currently working on. I think he’s just so interesting.

kaspar

I signed up for this class a couple of weeks ago. I love unique art dolls and those that you can relate to on a personal level. I love dolls that have character and emotion and give my imagination a place to go. This is one of those projects. I don’t know how mine will turn out, but that’s the beauty of letting go and play.

So far I have made miniature books. The first one she shows you is a cloth book that Kaspar is holding. I decided that since I was pulling out all the things I needed to make one book, I might as well make more while everything is spread out and I can definitely use the other books in projects.

I made 5 books. They range from 2 1/2” tall, to 1 1/2” tall (the smallest one is the size she used for her sample doll above. Because I can’t be sure of making the doll in the right proportion to the book, it seemed only logical to make a few different sizes.

kasparbookssm

 A few posts ago, I showed you doll supplies that were gifted to me. I used some of the soft leather for the covers of these books. It would be easy to go crazy with embellishments, but I held back to make sure I kept these tasteful. ;o)

Each book is a little different inside. On the inside cover of each, I used decorative papers to line the inside front and back covers. The pages in between are different themes. The tallest books I made into fabric swatch books, like those interior designers use. I think that comes from watching all the Love It or List It series.  The green book has pictures of rainforests, the red is filled with creative images to inspire and the pink has small abstract pictures and creative quotes.

I’m finished the head for the doll, other than some touch ups, and I believe I was channeling Dobby from the Harry Potter movies. But hey ho, I’ll show you that next time when it’s done. Back again soon..

kasparbooks2sm

No comments:

Post a Comment