Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: How the sky changes

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How the sky changes

Have you ever watched the sky, just been conscious of the changes that happen from day to day and weather pattern to weather pattern ???? I’ve done that for years and love to see what happens and what Mother Nature can do. I just thought this would kind of an off topic kind of post from dolls and show you what I see from my workroom window.

I don’t know how I was able to take this first picture. This hawk is almost at the top of the tree across the street, and I’m sure where he is perched is at about 100’ and I’m about 100’ from the tree. But look at the sky, absolutely blue, nothing but the hawk and the tree to contrast.

DSC00705

This is the end of a huge downfall of rain, but it left a little token of it having been there in the form of a rainbow. But the rain wasn’t over when you look at the sky and how dark and threatening those clouds look, you have to know that lots more rain came down. See that tree, that’s where the hawk was sitting, on the left on the branch just before the top.

DSC00963

I get to see a lot of rainbows from my window. This is on another day, the sky isn’t so dark and threatening, but the rainbow in this picture makes a complete dome shape. All I want is one little pot of gold, it doesn’t even have to be full, just to have that experience..;o)

DSC01079

Then there are always those days where I wish I had some kind of power that would allow me to dismantle the emissions on these planes who bless us with chem trails. Yes, this is a chem trail, not a contrail. This hung around the sky for hours and got wider and wider. Contrails are different, they burn off in a few mins, when a plane passes over. This is not a contrail.

DSC01218

Last night when I was getting ready to go downstairs, something bright caught my eye and this was the night sky over another neighbours house when I look left out my window. Isn’t it beautiful. What’s that saying, red sky at night, sailors delight, red sky in the morning, sailors warning.

Maybe reading this will help. Shakespeare apparently spoke about this in his play Venus and Adonis. “Like a red morn that ever yet betokened, Wreck to the seaman, tempest to the field, Sorrow to the shepherds, woe unto the birds, Gusts and foul flaws to herdmen and to herds.”

DSC01495

This mornings sky was full of fluffy white pillows, a beautiful nature sky. This afternoon, that has mostly filled in, but the sun is still shining and there is a slight breeze. Can’t complain about anything, but be grateful every morning, to be where I am.

DSC01500

I have one more picture I wanted to share with you. This is a beach area that people frequent with their dogs, and there is a camping area nearby. The water was nearly still, just a lazy little lapping of water on the shoreline, that created this picture perfect scene for us. Almost always clouds in the sky and here they are reflected in the water.

So next time you’re out, look up. You just never know what interesting things you might notice. I wouldn’t have noticed the hawk, the many different rainbows, the fluffy clouds and stormy skies, even the chem trails.  Have a great weekend that’s just around the corner, and I’m be back soon with some doll things to share.

DSC04924

No comments:

Post a Comment