Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Sir Toby Belch

Monday, April 4, 2016

Sir Toby Belch

I am working on a commission piece based on a Shakespearean play called the 12th Night. The character I am working on is Sir Toby Belch. Kind of drunkard and boisterous man. I’m using this picture as a reference for the basics. I have other photo’s for other parts.

Below this picture are a couple of the chair and a footstool I’ve prepared for him. More to follow soon. I have him partially dressed but am not going to show that just yet. ;o)

sirtobybasics

I had the chair already, but painted it a darkish green and the whicker a dark brown more in keeping I think with that time. Powder blue just wouldn’t cut it.

The stool is made with a small wooden box, little feet added and covered on top with upholstery fabric and painted on the bottom half. A smudge of gold metallic overall and they’re ready for Sir Toby.

sirtobychair02smsirtobychair01sm

2 comments:

  1. The chair and stool look great already. Perfect for such a splendid fellow.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. He's one of my favourite characters.

    ReplyDelete