Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Sea Flower **Sold**

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sea Flower **Sold**

I’ve just finished this mermaid. Originally I planned to make her in a Sew Along on DollStreet. I didn’t finish in time but she is done now.

She is a cloth doll that originally started off with a design by Judy Skeel. The body and fins are part of that design. I used the tail pattern from Carolyn Erbsland’s mermaid.  From that point on I just went my own way and let it morph into what she wanted to be.

I used organza, lace, beads, tulle and palettes for the embellishments. Each palette is sewn on  individually. I dyed the body with a combination of coloured pencils and inks.Her hair is a knitting fibre, which sadly is discontinued. It makes such great hair. She holds a crescent moon sceptre, which glows in the dark.

She is for sale and for more pictures and pricing, please click HERE

seaflower03sm

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful doll Romona. Love your selling site:) Only complaint I have is when I tried the contact button out of curiosity it uses Windows Live. I know from past experience that if I was to use that my message most probably would not reach you. I don't know if it's just me or if that happens to others as well.

    ReplyDelete