Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Santa in Grey Black and White

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Santa in Grey Black and White

This is the second Santa for my customer. This one is quite different, he is all decked out in grey black and white. It’s such a different look. I’ll start with a full view. The trim on his coat is a really soft faux fur, the whiskers are real mohair locks. He has a cardinal that’s found a rest place on his shoulder.

 bkgreysantasm01

On his hat I’ve attached a drapery tassel. It worked well because it’s large so the proportions were a good match. The coat and hat are made with upholstery fabric, the coat is lined with a simple black polyester lining. The back view shows you the backside of the cardinal. I really liked the idea of putting him on the shoulder, it’s like his pal travelling around with him. ;o)

 bkgreysantasm02

In the close up of his face, you can just make out something red under his whiskers. I made a faux ascot using a red/black checked cotton print. I have it tucked inside his vest to give it just that little
“what’s that bit of red there” moment.

 bkgreysantasm03

His belt is very wide and heavy, and is a faux leather. There are silver buttons joined with chain across the very robust stomach. The pants are felt as is the vest.

 bkgreysantasm04

His shoes are felt, with black bear fur repurposed from old fur coats.

 bkgreysantasm06

The Santa sack I kept quite vintage Victorian looking. There is a glittery birds nest like in the picture just above, a Santa key so he can gain entry into homes without a chimney, an old looking rocking style horse, a wicker star, and a glittery staff and soldier to complete the look. Tomorrow I’ll post the Mrs. pictures. Back soon.

bkgreysantasm05

3 comments:

  1. I really like this guy Romona! All those subtle greys, quite a feast! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about that colour scheme! I never would have thought of Santa like that but I have to say it works superbly well. You do have an eye for colour, Ro :-) The touches of red in the ascot and cardinal are perfect foils for his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I'm always willing to try new combinations, it just keeps everything so interesting. Some times, the least expected combinations are those "why didn't I think of that" moments. Even when I was a kid I always mixed colours that weren't supposed to work together. ;o)

    ReplyDelete