Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Smartphone Cozies

Monday, November 2, 2015

Smartphone Cozies

I saw the pattern for these on MMMCrafts on Etsy.  I made one as a trial, and discovered that because I lined them, the large size came up too small. Not a waste because I gave it to a friend who has a normal small phone. So it fit her phone and she’s quite happy about that. ;o)

So before making more for sale at Christmas, had to resize them. Measured my own phone and went from there. Had my neighbour check the size with her phone because hers is thicker than mine and it was a perfect fit.. Off I went.

I ended up making 9 of these, 8 to offer for sale and 1 personalized for me. ;o)  These are great for these phones. There is a small elastic loop on top to keep the phone from falling out, and I’ve used big buttons on the back and each one has a little charm and a few beads.

Also on the back there is a pocket. You could use that for ear buds or business cards or??? If you decide to get the pattern, make sure to measure first. If you plan to line them, remember the lining will pull the size a bit smaller as well..

Here you are.. I love all the bright colours and I avoided making them with Christmas colours. Decorations are one thing to make in Christmas colours, but not functional things.

On the straps I also added a split ring that you can hook around the strap or ring on your purse handle. I don’t recommend hanging them from a loop on your pants or on the outside of your purse. I can see a terrible loss happening if you do.

Mine is hooked to the ring on my purse strap and then tucked into the side zippered pocket of my purse. I don’t live on my phone, I only have it on when I got out, so I can check in at home or I can be reached, of if I’m away some where for the whole day. Other than that, it’s off.

smplg03smplg04smplg05smplg06

And this is my cozy. Surpized to see a cat I’m sure.. And of course the diamond stitching front and back, just to reference the jester theme I like so much.

smplg01smplg02

No comments:

Post a Comment