Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Rudolph and a Red Fox

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Rudolph and a Red Fox

I am not in favour of hunting, never have been. I understand when it’s needed for food to survive but the actual act of hunting for trophies as has been in the news of late I just find so distasteful, disgusting actually.

There is a twist on that though that I’m okay with. No harm came to the animals I’m going to show you. They are such a cute idea that I found on Bustle and Sew in the UK and thought I’d try them out at the shop and see what reaction they get.

The first one is quite different on the site as it’s meant to be more of a deer head. However, I changed it up and made it into Rudolph. I showed the pattern to a friend and told her what my plan was to alter the design somewhat. She was thrilled because apparently a friend of hers collects any Rudolph related decorations. So, I set about making two versions to choose from.

The original design is mounted on an embroidery hoop and is made with a plaid fabric. I made my version with felt, gave them a Rudolph nose and a little more dressing up for the cold weather, of course.

For Rudolph, I used the same fabric for the horns. Although you can’t see it, it’s a Christmas print with Santa and Rudolph. A carefully placed bell on a horn and on the scarf and a bit of greenery completes the look. They are all mounted on dollar store trivets. The gold one is gone to a new home. I’ve added a slight profile picture for you.

rudolphgoldlsm3rudolphgoldsm04rudolphgreensm01rudolphgreensm02

And to keep him company is a little Red Fox. I’ve done a similar decoration with him, but he has whiskers and some tin stars here and there. The scarves on Rudolph are felt. On the fox I’ve made it with a plaid fabric doubled. Enjoy and there will be a little more to show soon. ;o)

redfoxsm02redfoxsm01

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet Romona, now those are trophies I can support bagging! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's a foggy night we'll know who to follow! Love them both but especially the fox. Is it for sale? I know someone who collects foxes :-))

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. This particular fox is on the way to the tea shop on Monday. However, if you want a fox I would happy to make one for you after Christmas. I'm flat out just now finishing the last of my ornaments and I still have 3 big Santa/Mrs.Claus to make for a customer. Let me know, you have my email. So nice to hear from you and hope you're still working with clay. ;o) Ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okey dokey, email on the way later today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Looks like you enjoyed making them

    ReplyDelete