Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Northbrook Designs: Barbie and Asian Themes

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Barbie and Asian Themes

Hi everyone. Here are the last of the displays. There will still be the front case that changes on a weekly basis. I will keep taking pictures of those dolls and share them later on. The most recent one is adorable. She is a Snow White porcelain doll from 1937.

Thank you for the emails and blog comments. Seems that the display is causing some of you to reflect back to your little girl days, even to the point that one of you took your doll apart to see how it works… Big oops…..lol But as little girls, we wanted to see how things happen. I still have a Bugs Bunny from that time, and even when I pull the cord, it does talk, although not so well as he once did… But he’s still a cool bunny..

There are signs for each of the displays below, so I’ll just leave those to explain the dolls to you. 

Here comes  Barbie..

specialbarbies1sm

specialtybarbies02smspecialtybarbies01sm

vintagebarbies2sm

vintagebarbies1sm

wendybarbie3sm

wendybarbies01smwendybarbies02sm

And now the Asian themed doll collections.

These are my favourite of all the displays. These charming little dolls are only about 6” tall. The costuming is so detailed and yet they appear so simple. They just speak to me., not exactly sure why, I just find myself going to see them each time I’m at the museum.. ;o) They just seem so real I guess, like a community of little people perhaps.

operadolls03sm

operadolls01smoperadolls02sm

Then there is this collection. These are amazing in another way and my 2nd favourite of the exhibit.. Again the details are so beautiful.

japanese1sm

sister1smsister2sm

And that’s it. Except for those cases at the front that will change weekly and I’ll send those pictures as the dolls arrive. This week its Snow White, not sure what’s coming next, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of Barbies! The Asian dolls are wonderful, great collections.

    ReplyDelete